Meetings with Organisations

When groups lobby MSPs, Ministers, Civil Servants, Special Advisers or Law Officers, they should submit a return to the Lobbying Register. Entries can be searched at:

However, many meetings do not meet the criteria for lobbying, and MSPs cannot submit their own entries, meaning their Lobbying Register may seem incomplete.

During the first few months of being an MSP, I provided a list of meetings for transparency covering the period of May – September. I have now compiled a similar list covering October.

In the interest of simplicity and privacy for those seeking assistance, I have not included: meetings with colleagues; meetings with individual constituents; surgeries; party business; interviews, such as with journalists; Cross-Party Groups; meetings which I would normally have undertaken as a councillor, such as public committee meetings or group meetings; or Parliamentary Business undertaken such as taking part in debates, question times, and committee work.


Scottish Women’s Football: I attended the Scottish Women’s Football Highlands & Islands League Cup Final and met with organisers before and after the game. I presented the winners, Sutherland WFC, with the trophy afterwards.

Alness Academy: I visited the new Alness Academy and met with its Higher Politics class to answer questions before being taken on a tour. This was arranged through Developing the Young Workforce.

Invergordon Academy: I visited Invergordon Academy to speak to a Modern Studies class about politics and answer their questions. I then spoke with the Head Teacher about issues facing the school, including their temporary housing of Park Primary.

Scottish Trans: I met with STA as a Co-Convener of the LGBTI+ CPG to discuss issues which need attention.

Endometriosis UK North Highland: I met with Kirsteen from the North Highland branch of Endo UK to discuss waiting times, treatment, and cancelled surgeries for people with endometriosis in Caithness, the rest of the Highlands, and the islands.

CHAT: I met with Caithness Health Action Team to discuss issues they are concerned about regarding healthcare services in Caithness.

UHI Environmental Research Institute: I met with Magnus Davidson to discuss land reform, sustainability, and many other issues important to the Highlands and rural Scotland.

Orkney Housing Association Ltd.: I met with OHAL to discuss concerns they have around the cost of housebuilding, and had a tour of an ongoing development in Kirkwall.

Orkney Rape and Sexual Assault Service (ORSAS): I met with ORSAS to talk about their ongoing and past campaigns to tackle rape and sexual assault in the islands.

Orkney Harbour Authority: I met with OHA at Scapa to discuss developments surrounding their Masterplan for Scapa Flow and current issues they face.

THAW: I met with Robert Leslie at THAW to discuss how to support constituents this winter through social security and energy and housing policy.

Shetland Soap Company: I met workers at Shetland Soap Company, run by COPE Ltd. who provide placements for people with learning disabilities, and talked about what they’ve been up to and how I can support COPE as a regional MSP.

Dogs Against Drugs Shetland: I met with the group and two of their new canine recruits to discuss the success of their work and the assistance they need regarding funding for their core costs.

Hjaltland Housing Association: I met with Hjaltland to discuss ongoing issues faced by the social housing sector.

Anchor: I met with Anchor to talk about how they have worked over COVID to support families through early intervention and how they can share best practice with other organisations and local authorities across Scotland.

Voluntary Action Shetland: I met with representatives from the group to discuss how I can support the third sector in Shetland and to learn about how they supported people through the pandemic.

NHS Shetland: I met with the Chair of NHS Shetland to discuss issues in the area at the moment, including questions around the future of the Gilbert Bain.

Island Larder: I met with Island Larder to discuss their sustainable approach to local business and find out how I can support them.

Shetland Museum and Archives: I met with the CEX and staff at Shetland Museum and Archives to talk about how things have been going and get a tour of the building.

Gateway: I met with a representative from Gateway to discuss their Christmas food parcel project and get a tour of some of their supported accommodation.

Cafe 1668/HTSI: I met with Cafe 1668 workers following HTSI’s takeover of the premises and business last year. We discussed food poverty, homelessness, and how their project is working.

Crown Community Cupboard/ SHIMCA: I met with Crown Community Cupboard to discuss the success of their project. SHIMCA were also there to talk about how they have supported the project and what they have been doing themselves.

Inverness Foodstuff: I met with the new Foodstuff manager to talk about how things have been going since a return to inside lunches post-lockdown, as well as how I can support the organisation moving forward.

GoodNESS Community Fridge: I met with the community fridge to talk to them about food waste and how we tackle stigma surrounding food poverty.

Incredible Edible Inverness: I met with volunteers from the organisation at one of their sites to talk about how they are expanding and what support I can offer them.

Camanachd Association: I attended the final of the MacTavish Cup and met representatives from the Camanachd Association before throw up.

SPIRIT Advocacy: I spoke at SPIRIT Advocacy’s AGM and took questions from attendees on a wide range of issues.

Merkinch multi-agency: I attended a multi-agency meeting to discuss issues facing Merkinch and how we can support residents.

Wheels in Nairnshire (WiN): I went out in Wheels in Nairnshire’s new electric van to see what they do, chat about how the project is going, and find out how I can support them.

If you would like your entry above removed or edited, please email